Choose Page Style
Our web site consists of the following sections, selected with the menu buttons at the upper left of each page (or the Alt keyboard shortcuts noted):
See you at the sale!
- Home Page (Alt0) Where it all starts!
- Sale (Alt1) provides information about the next or current sale, including times, location, and details on the silent auction.
- Donate! (Alt2) provides information about donating books, music and videos to the sale.
- Stock (Alt3) summarizes the categories of books, music and videos that are stocked for the sale.
- FAQs (Alt4) provides answers to frequently asked questions about the sale.
- History (Alt5) provides historical information about the sale, including stories, photos, news clippings, news releases, advertisements, posters, flyers, bookmarks, silent auctions and trends.
- Contact (Alt6) provides contact information for the sale and the Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra, directions to the sale location, as well as information on volunteering.
- Website (Alt7) provides a site map and some information about this website. See below!
Key to Site Map
- Top level menu selections
- This menu is always shown on the left side of each page
- Second level menu selections
- These submenus pop up when selecting an applicable top level menu item
- Page level selections
- These are simply links within the content of a page that lead to internal or external pages
This website was designed to be:
- Easy to navigate, with every page having the same menu and set of submenus
- Menus are limited to two levels plus links within page content
- Consistent headers, menus, color scheme and layout are used throughout
- Large 900 pixel wide format allows more information on screen without crowding
- All links within page content are underlined so they can easily be found
- Meets highest accessibility standards of the Web Accessibility Initiative of the W3C
- Accessible to those with vision disabilities: blindness, color blindness, reduced vision
- Large default text sizes, and all text and menus allow size changes via web browser controls
- All links are underlined as per accessibility guidelines
- Use of pure XHTML and CSS for menus and content allows maximum responsiveness
- Fast loading, with ALT text for all images
- Tested on the latest web browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer (also tested on IE6), Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape Navigator, and Apple Safari (both PC & Mac)
- Meets strict XHTML and CSS coding standards as validated by the W3C